It’s not easy to build credit. If you have poor credit or no credit history it’s hard to get a loan, a credit card, or even an apartment. You’ll find soon enough that everyone has to play the credit game.
How can you get started building credit if no one gives you a chance in the first place? Luckily, there are several tools from credit cards to debit cards and credit builder loans available to help you improve your score.
Let’s take a look at how these credit-building tools can put you on the path toward credit today.
Credit Builder Credit Cards
These four credit cards are aimed at helping people build their credit. They have minimal requirements, report all monthly payments to the three major credit bureaus, and a few even let you check your credit score for free.
Check out the credit cards below to see if they are the right place for you to start building credit!
1. Fit Platinum Mastercard
Enjoy the Buying Power of FIT Mastercard!
- Access a $400 initial credit that limit doubles up to $800 in 6 months
- Free monthly Vantage 3.0 score from Experian
- All credit scores are welcome
2. Destiny Mastercard
Improve Your Credit with a $700 Credit Limit!
- Reports to all three major credit bureaus
- Mastercard is accepted at 40 million locations online, in app, and in store
- All credit histories considered, even with a prior bankruptcy
3. Reflex Platinum Mastercard
Get Instant Credit up to $1,000 and the Buying Power of Mastercard!
- Double your credit limit in 6 months from $1,000 to $2,000
- Fast and easy application process; results in seconds
- For all credit scores: 300-719
4. Surge Platinum Mastercard
Boost Your Credit and Access a $1,000 Credit Limit!
- Enjoy an initial credit limit up to $1,000 that doubles to $2,000
- Use anywhere Mastercard is accepted
- All credit scores 300-719 are welcome to apply
Credit Builder No Credit Check Cards
Want access to credit without a credit check? We have cards for you!
If you struggle to meet the minimum credit score requirements for regular credit cards or don’t want your application to ding your already low credit score, then check out the credit builder cards below.
1. Chime Secured Credit Builder Visa®
A New Way to Build Credit!
- No annual fee or interest
- No credit check
- No minimum security deposit required
2. Current Build Card
Build Credit with Every Swipe!
- Earn cash back with each purchase
- Get credit for banking you do every day
- No credit checks or minimum security deposit
3. Applied Bank® Secured Visa® Gold
Better Than Prepaid…Get a Secured Credit Building Card!
- Load one time and keep on using
- No credit check or minimum credit score
- Low fixed APR – even if you’re late
4. Go2bank Secured Credit Card
Build Credit with No Annual Fee with Go2bank!
- No credit check
- No annual fee
- Enjoy a credit limit starting at $100
Credit Builder Apps
You don’t have to get a credit card to build credit! These days you can take out a credit builder loan, use a debit card, or try out a buy now, pay later app to boost your score.
Here are our favorite apps that help users build credit while avoiding credit cards.
1. Brigit Credit Builder Loan
Get Your Finances on Track!
- Build your credit while you save
- No credit approval, no interest,
and no upfront deposit
- Access $250 instant cash advance
2. Extra Card
The First Debit That Works Like a Credit!
- No credit check
- No minimum credit score needed
- Build credit with little effort
Unlock a $1,000 Spending Limit Instantly!
- Shop 1,000+ top brands like Apple, Sony, Nike and more
- No interest or fees or credit check
- Make small, easy payments from your paycheck
4. Sezzle Up
Shop Now & Pay Later with 0% Interest!
- Shop your favorite brands
- Pay in 4 and Build credit
- No interest and no credit check
A credit score is necessary in the modern world. It is how lenders determine how great a risk you are and therefore if they will lend to you or not. Your credit score impacts the terms of your loan, how much interest you’ll pay, and if you can get a credit card with lots of perks and valuable rewards or not.
A good credit score could save you thousands of dollars when you want to get a mortgage or finance your car. No one wants to be stuck with a poor credit score and high-interest charges. So choose a credit card, a debit card, or an app, and start building your credit today!